Music Assistant (Composition, Conducting, Instrument/Vocal Studies or Jazz) (60%)
LUCA School of Arts | Leuven | Deeltijds
Music Assistant (Composition, Conducting, Instrument/Vocal Studies or Jazz)
(Temporary position, part time at 50% doctoral research & 10% research supervisor)
LUCA School of Arts
Location: Campus Lemmens Leuven
Introduction to LUCA School of Arts
LUCA School of Arts is a multidisciplinary educational and research environment in which creative talent can develop and flourish artistically, performatively and technically. LUCA promotes the practice of art and creative design and the development of innovative insights. LUCA combines the strength and expertise of five renowned institutions on as many campuses: Sint-Lukas Brussel, Narafi Brussel, C-mine Genk, Sint-Lucas Gent and Lemmens Leuven. With more than 600 staff and nearly 3,500 students, LUCA School of Arts is a creative hub for over 4,000 artists, musicians, theatre and filmmakers, photographers and designers.
As a ‘music assistant’, you will carry out doctoral research in the arts within the fields of composition, conducting, instrument/vocal studies or jazz. Your project aligns with one of the campus's spearheads. For the Lemmens Leuven campus these are Co-creation & Interaction, Body & Performativity and Informed Performance.
For more information about the research unit, visit https://www.luca-arts.be/nl/research-unit-music-drama#about
You will spend 10% of your time as a research supervisor for bachelor's and master's degrees.
- Your doctorate project lies in the domain of music and one of the research unit's spearheads (Co-creation & Interaction, Body & Performativity and Informed Performance).
- You will contribute to the general development of expertise on campus, and contribute to the further development of the spearhead(s).
- You assist in the supervision of the reflective part (research) of bachelor and master exams.
- You have a Master of Music degree or equivalent competencies, determined by a portfolio assessment by the LUCA doctoral commission.
- If you do not yet have an approved PhD project, you can submit a proposal as part of this application process. For more information visit https://www.luca-arts.be/nl/doctoraat-in-de-kunsten
- If your doctoral project has already been approved by the LUCA Doctorate in the Arts Committee, you are enrolled as a doctoral student at KU Leuven and your doctoral study programme started after 15/09/2019.
- You can work independently, have a sense of responsibility and can perform under stress.
- You are an enthusiastic, enterprising leader with inventive ideas; you look for improvements and experiment with new concepts.
- Teaching experience at a university college of applied arts is preferred.
- You are proficient in Dutch or English at the level required for higher education.
- You are loyal to the university's assignment, mission, vision and education action plan.
What we offer
A temporary, part time contract (60%) in the position of Assistant (salary scale 502, for an initial period of two years, renewable after positive evaluation). For more information on the salary scales, please visit the website of the Ministry of Education (www.ond.vlaanderen.be)
For more information, please contact Prof. dr. Thomas De Baets, head of Music, Thomas.email@example.com.
Please submit your application before 23 December 2021 to LUCA School of Arts, Human Resources Department: via CV Warehouse
Your application must include:
- a letter of motivation in which the proposed research is introduced within the own artistic development;
- the doctorate application (whether or not already approved);
- your CV, including a portfolio of artistic products relevant to this vacancy;
- transcripts of certificates (including an attestation of equivalence for the requested degree, if applicable).
Only complete applications will be accepted.
The selection consists of:
- A preselection based on the submitted applications;
- A selection interview with the candidates on 20 january 2022.
The selection will be made by the Management Committee. The candidate will be appointed on 1 November 2021 at the earliest.
LUCA School of Arts wants to create an environment in which all talents can be developed to their full potential, regardless of gender, age, cultural origin, nationality or disability.
LUCA School of Arts
LUCA School of Arts is een multidisciplinaire onderwijs- en onderzoeksomgeving waarbinnen creatief talent zich artistiek, uitvoerend en technisch kan ontplooien en ontwikkelen. LUCA bevordert zowel het beoefenen van kunst en het creatief ontwerpen als het ontwikkelen van vernieuwende inzichten. LUCA bundelt de kracht en de expertise van vijf gerenommeerde instellingen op evenveel campussen: Sint-Lukas Brussel, Narafi Brussel, C-mine Genk, Sint-Lucas Gent en Lemmens Leuven. Met meer dan 600 personeelsleden en bijna 3.500 studenten is LUCA School of Arts een creatieve hub voor meer dan 4.000 kunstenaars, muzikanten, theater- en filmmakers, fotografen en ontwerpers.